We take a three pronged approach to child care in our child care centre. We believe to create a positive environment and support, which needs to be provided in three ways:
- We support children's learning and wellbeing
- We support partnership with families and parents
- We support effective team work between educators at Pumpkin Long Day Care
Children need the support from our educators to feel safe and secure where they can learn, have fun, and thrive. Parents and families work together with educators so we can connect the families with our program, which is the most important thing we can do for children as everything parents and families do interest children.
Our Nursery Room aims to reflect the values of home. Including a beautifully decorated cot room for those peaceful, sleepy moments throughout the day. We ensure the babies in our care receive the cuddles and attention they need. Regular discussions with you also help us to follow the routines established at home eg: sleep times and meals.
Babies are provided with plenty of opportunities to develop a positive sense of self and the physical skills required to achieve the milestones appropriate to their age and stage of development.
A wonderful age to discover a love of language through rhyme, simple stories, responding to their carer's instructions and song.
Babies are encouraged to develop their early cognitive concepts such as cause and effect, social/emotional relationships and problem solving as part of an integrated process. While their curiosity and enthusiasm to explore and think creatively grows, relevant activities and resources are provided to challenge and excite these instincts.
- Play dough
- Sand / water play
- Indoor / outdoor activities
- Dramatic play and imaginary play
- Group times - for story and language development
- Outdoor areas for safe climbing; a garden area for investigating the environment, and a sandpit area where children can enjoy tactile sensations of wet and dry sand.